Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Prime Chuck Roasts

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Two weeks ago, while at the West Side Market, my beef vendor had Chuck roasts from a Prime Side of Beef at 2.69 a pound. I purchased all five that he had. Most I processed into ground beef and stew meat, but I cooked one as a roast. The chuck roast was so tender that the raw meat was practically falling apart as I cut it.[p]Here is how I cooked the roast. I coated the chuck roast with cowlick and let it sit. In a roasting pan I put some quartered rainbow carrots, whole baby red skin potatoes, one quartered parsnip, some cremini mushrooms, a quartered onion and some whole cloves of garlic. I simply set the meat on the veggies and put the whole thing in the Large BGE on an upturned platesetter with kiln posts. I set the polder to 180 and the Egg at 325. It should take more than three or more hours.[p]I put the meal on later than I wanted, so I pulled the roast at 155. The meat was cooked and the veggies were still kind of crunchy, but we had to eat and everything tasted great. Had I had more time, I know that the meat and the veggies would have been done at the same time. [p]Give this classic Pot Roast a try and let me know what you think,
RhumAndJerk[p]

Comments