Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First few weeks with the egg

Options
Fellow Traveler
Fellow Traveler Posts: 15
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello All,
I just got my XL egg about 4 weeks ago. I have now had a chance to cook a few things with it. I cooked pizzas tonight. Below is a picture of my second pizza, my daughter ate the first before I could get a picture.
FirstPizza.jpg
I used large marge's dough receipe. Very easy and the results were outstanding. I cooked it for about seven minutes at about 550-600. The crust was crispy on the bottom. I used three half firebricks to raise the xl stone high in the dome. The top just does clear it. My egg sits in this table that I built.
Tableandegg.jpg
I followed the standard mothership plans as far as dimensions for the hole and positioning of the shelf. The rest of the table is my design. I already managed to scorch the top of the table.
Scorchmarks.jpg
:pinch:
I have cooked steaks, hamburgers, and bratwurst and they all turned out well. The asparagus that I put on with the steaks got badly incinerated. I also missed on the chicken wings I tried. I am going to take another shot at the chicken wings using a direct method this time. I am also planning my first low and slow this weekend. I have a 9lbs pork butt that I am going to run for 16 to 20 hours at 230. I figure to pull it at an internal of 190 degrees.

Comments