Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Happy T'day

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, dinner is over, the guests have left (finally), and it is time to reflect on a spectacular meal. QBabe outdid herself! The turkey was a little slower than we expected, took about 6 hours instead of 5, probably because the egg wanted to run a bit cooler today...about 300 instead of 325. But it was worth the wait.[p]While the brisket was superb, probably the best I ever had, it sort of paled in comparison to the turkey. This bird was perfect, that is all there is to it, she can never do another, because it can't live up to this one, the bar has been set too high. [p]The side dishes were also great, and I should probably remember what they were, but I can't get the memory of the turkey out of my head. The one outstanding side was the cranberry-pear chutney...who knew that cranberries could taste good with turkey?[p]When she recovers from all of the cooking, I am sure that she will post (no pics his time, the guests were swarming too much), but I wanted to take this opportunity to sing her praises, and wish all a Happy Thanksgiving.[p]Larry

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Brutus,
    i'm surprised you had the strength to type tonight. . i couldn't believe tonya's menu when i read it this morning. . .souded like something you'd see at a big country inn, or a williamsburg inn. . .i'll bet it was all fantastic. . .you are truly a lucky, lucky man. . [p]happy tday to both of you... ..