Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

IF I'M SO DARN FAMOUS, WHY AM I DOING THE DISHES??

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well, it was a great thanksgiving. . .was up at 7:30 this morning, cooking all day long. . . my turkey and gravy were better than ever, the dr. chicken's double smoked ham was fantastic. . thanks to my little itialian hottie, giada de laurentiis for the unbelievable stuffing recipe!!. . . but now i'm sitting here, and the kids have dissappeared to tv land, the wife is back in the living room, mom and dad went home, and i'm sitting here with dishpan hands. .. . oh well that's what thanksgiving is like around here. . .[p]best thing is though, through a simple recipe on the forum, i've made a bunch of new friends. . .got about half a dozen phone calls from folks from new jersey to boston to san diego, to talk about different aspects of turkey prep. .. not a crank call in the bunch. . .to me this is what the fellowship of egging is all about, and i'm so thankful to be a part of it. ..[p]thanks all and i hope everyone had as great a thanksgiving as i did!!!

Comments

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,
    Happy Thanksgiving back atcha! I wonder what Nature Boy is doing? As for the lack of crank phone calls, don't worry, I think Crack Dongle will be calling as soon as the sun rises in his time zone and sets in yours! :-)
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]I'm right there with ya Max.
    Spent all day cookin with my son, dinner came without a hitch, everyone was full and happy, yet there's this mountain of dishes,pans etc. etc.[p]Everyone is laughing having a great time, is what you have done, more than anyone else? Are dishes beyond you? The guy or gal that cooks the dinner and does the dishes is a frickin saint.[p]Heck, we love this stuff. Have fun after dinner and enyjoy what this day is all about.[p]My dishpan hands Mick

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    MMBE:[p]Good to hear you had a nice Thanksgiving and thanks for sharing your turkey technique. The Princess was a hit with a turkey and a Turducken and a bunch of nice sides here on the Spam Side of Brookhaven.[p]As for the Italian Hottie stuffing, is that the one entitled "Raffy's"?

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    djm5x9,
    nope, i didn't do the raffy, although it looks good too . .. i did the ciabatta stuffing with pancetta. . ..it was excellent!!!. .. [p]glad to hear you had a good turkey day. . ..best to you and yours. ...[p]max

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    MickeyT,
    i agree with you a 100%. .. the compaining here is really just funnin. ...i can't think of anything more relaxing and theraputic than what i did today. . .it was a great day!!

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    The Naked Whiz,
    i think chris spent the day eatin his brother in law's cookin, and wishin he was eatin his own. . .[p]persons i'm really wondering about are mark backer and his bride eggsellent, and their wonderful turducken. . .or drunken turd, or whatever that thing was they were cookin. ..i'm really surprised we haven't heard boo from them today. . ..

• mad max beyond eggdome,[p]If I wasn't in the same situation I'd offer to come do them for you. I've never cooked a turkey before but at the first occasion of passing the "who hosts the T-day feast" torch your recipe was such a success that I had four people whom I have heard decline gravy for four years ask for seconds of the gravy I made using your recipe. Not only did I take Drivers' Ed at the Indy 500 I took the checkered flag. I've been awake for about 44 of the last 48 hours preparing for this but this would not have come off without your recipe and help in these forums. I can only hope that one day I can give as much back as i have received.[p]My most profound thanks.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Matthew Speed,
    you just did. .. happy post t-day. . .enjoy the leftovers