Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook CWM Babybacks!

RogerT
RogerT Posts: 53
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all,

3 1/2 hours into my first cook on my new Large. I've included a pic of the slabs at this point. Should I be seeing more bark on these or is this what is normal. Also not seeing hardly any pullback. Temp is now sitting at about 260 and holding nicely. Cant wait till we sit down to this meal!!

Thanks for looking.

Roger

DSC_6372.jpg

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Roger - that looks normal to me - you're doing fine. Pull back comes later in the cook. BTW again it was nice to meet face to face last Saturday. The salmon you gave Ben to fix was delicious!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • RogerT
    RogerT Posts: 53
    Thanks Ron for the reply. I just didn't know what to expect at that point. It really was nice to meet you and get a few things ironed out.

Made some bread today too. Although not cooked on the egg, this artisan bread will taste mighty fine with the ribs and baked beans.

Roger

DSC_6377.jpg
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    I had these tonight, first time and they were great.

These ones looks like they are also on their way - Enjoy!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Hey Roger, Your looking pretty good from here. I hope you got a belly full when they got done. Tim :P