Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Attention: Peoria Eggheads re: Peoria Ribfest?

Options
TheDirtyBurger
TheDirtyBurger Posts: 846
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First off I did not even know about it. I should have entered!

Secondly, will any of you be there or do you know of any good teams competing? My neighbor is going and he asked me to get the skinny. He went before when it was in Chillicothe and he had a blast (only no ribs were for sale :sick: )

Just wondering, if you got any inside info please send it my way
thanks
tim

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Tim,

I think MAYBE Eggin in Peoria said he might try it this year. OTOH for the last 10 years I have dropped by to see what is being used equipment-wise and recall in all that time only saw 1 BGE. Those two guys were from out of town and knew nothing about this board. When you say your friend did it when it was in Chillicothe I'm not sure what he means as this is the 26th annual in Peoria.

Ron
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    Hmmm. He went to one in Chillicothe a year or a few years ago. Not sure if it was the same one or not. He was under the impression that it got moved to Peoria.
  • RRP
    Options
    They have an annual community fund raiser called Claude-Ellen Days and it wouldn't surprise me that they had a chili contest then since Claude & Ellen ran a bar and restaurant there for years.
  • RRP
    Options
    I trotted down to the river today and only found 14 teams competing. Mostly Webbers and offsets, no ceramic cookers, but there was one Bubba Keg. I chatted with the BK owner and it turns out he has 2 large eggs and 1 XL, but prefers the BK for ease of transportation. Oh there was one weird set up - a guy was there with a dinky little cheap gas grill!
  • RRP
    Options
    I did not mean to sound superior with my comment about the gasser...but the guy looked so overwhelmed and didn't ooze one ounce of confidence! He had that look of what the hell am I doing here?
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
  • RRP
    Options
    LOL - yup!!! Trust me though the look on that guy's face was that of shear panic like a deer caught in the headlights!