Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bean Soup and Sicilian Sausage

Options
RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
First of all, Welcome to the many new people that I see posting questions. I have wanted to post but have not quite had the time.[p]Things have been totally nuts and I have not had a lot of time to cook. On Saturday, it was cold and rainy so a batch of soup was in order. Way back on Opening Day when I made Pulled Pork for the Office, I had made stock from the bones and fat and froze it. I pulled it out and started the soup. When the stock had defrosted and started to boil, my house was filled with the wonderful scent of Elder Ward’s Pulled Pork. It almost bought a tear to my ear. I wanted some.[p]Anyway, I had some sort of Caribbean Beans that were black and white (the name escapes me). They went into the pot along with a bunch of veggies and a stick of Andouille. In an hour and a half, we were eating happily. I followed my Recipe for Cracklin Bean Soup pretty close. On a side note, this type of bean did not the usual effect on my digestive track.[p]Last night was a quick one. I simply grilled some Sicilian Sausage. This type of Italian Sausage has some other goodies in it like peppers and onions. Boy was it good. The cook time was 10 minutes per side at about 350. After twenty minutes, the outer rings of the sausage were not done to my liking, so I cut the inner ring out and let the outer ring cook for five minutes more per side. Perfect.[p]Happy Grilling,
RhumAndJerk