Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good News/Bad news

Options
Greenhorn Green Egger
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Actually Great news. Been lurking for a while and picking up tons of info here. Finally got an Egg, picked it up last Thursday. Built my table Friday and Saturday and fired him up on Saturday night. Made 4 perfect porterhouse steaks. Sunday, made a chicken. Was on its way to being excellent however I made a greenhorn mistake......ran out of lump almost all of the way through, but not quite done. Skin was amazing, chicken was juicy but finished in the oven :( I know, I know but we were in a hurry because my sister and pal were driving back to New York and had to get going. Could not believe the ease with which you are able to achieve and maintain a temperature on the egg. I love this thing.

Now the bad news....My wife and I headed back to new York yesterday and had to leave the egg behind. I wanted to check the egg as baggage but wife refused to pay. Anyway, had to say goodbye until we go back in November. Can't wait to be there full time......

Thanks everyone here for sharing their knowledge and expertise! what a wonderful place!

Comments