Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Check out the size of this Fish!

Uncle PhilUncle Phil Posts: 665
edited 1:00AM in EggHead Forum
My neighbor, Conner has been shooting fish again. Had some Mangrove Snapper and Amberjack this evening. He speared these 40 miles into the Gulf of Mexico and in 80 feet of water. He is a free diver and used no tanks! I also used the new LoftLighter. Worked really good and very fast. Cooked the fish on cedar plank. Excellent.

IMG_3212.jpg
IMG_3248.jpg
mvi_3265-1.jpg
mvi_3265_orig-1.jpg
IMG_3274.jpg
IMG_3277.jpg

Comments

• WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Wow! A beauty... And yum! Cutie little one too :)
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Excellent. I love fresh fish.

You don't want to know how much time, effort, and expense went into this prize:

Fish.jpg
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    80 feet,NO TANKS??! That dude must be one of the Xmen!!!
  • Dammit Jim, If my arms were longer it would be a prizewinner :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• He can hold his breath for over 4 minutes! Pretty incredible.
  • Phil,

Nice snapfish!

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• That's a nice one!
  • The photo of the boy holding up the filets is just awesome.
  • Yes, he is a cutie. That is Van, Conner's little boy. He just grabs those fish and gets after them. I shot video as well and Van is using his rubber tomahawk to pound one of the fillets! Funniest thing.
  • That is talent to be able to spear that fish freediving at 80 feet! Nice. :)
  • Hey Uncle Phil, you aren't in the Venice area of Florida are you?
  • No, I live about three hours north in the Tampabay area. Indian Rocks Beach.
  • OK. Just coincidence. Our exterminator was in on Thursday and said he was going spearfishing on the weekend. Said one of the guys he goes with free dives. I have been wanting to get in to some saltwater fishing once I move down (hopefully soon) but after talking with him, I'm seriously thinking of getting dive certified and checking that out. Your pictures have reinforced that idea! ;)