Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin & Rice

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

Went with simple basics tonight...we have a rice dish we really like and is very simple (just my kind of cook :) )...

Start with one cup brown rice and 1/2 stick butter in a casserole dish...melt the butter then add the rice and cook over low heat for about 4 minutes...just enough to get the butter all over the rice...here it is after the 4 minutes...top level of adjustable rig with the pizza stone on the middle level...dome temp was about 300...
S091810-01.jpg

next take dish off Egg and add one cup water, one 10.5 ounce can beef broth and 1/8 teaspoon pepper...this will then go back on the same Egg setup with dome temp at 350...ready to go back on...
S091810-02.jpg

after an hour at 350 the rice has soaked up all the liquid...ready to come off...
S091810-03.jpg
let set a few minutes, fluff with a fork and enjoy.

The last 30 minutes the rice was cooking also did a couple of pork tenderloins...one with DP Raging River & one with DP Red Eye Express...
S091810-05.jpg

Pulled the tenderloins at 145 in the thickest part, sliced and my plate ready...
S091810-07.jpg

Just enough leftover tenderloin for some fried rice later this week!

Oh yeah...post #3000 for me! :laugh: :laugh: :woohoo:

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments