Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Digi Q question

Options
Brokersmoker
Brokersmoker Posts: 646
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Was thinking about getting one, what are pro's & con's?. Main thing that I want is a reliable remote thermometer that monitor's both meat and cooker. I have Maverick ET-73, and if I had faith in it I would not be looking. I trust the cooker part, but meat thermometer is about 25* off of thermapen and other remote.

Thanks for all of your help
Ken

Comments

• AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Hve the cyber q and love it although I don't plan to go wireless with it, I have used it to run both my eggs at the same time!! Temp seems to be dead on, both pit temp and meat temp.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options

If all you are looking for is a reliable read of both pit and food I wouldn't get a Stoker, DigiQ or CyberQ. They will all have about the same temperature restrictions as the ET-73. You may want to visit the Thermaworks web page and see what they have to offer for reading and alarms.

The powered vent systems are too expensive for just a read and or alarms.

If you are wanting to control your cooks then that is a whole different situation.

GG
  • Roll Tide
    Options
    Grandpas Grub wrote:

If all you are looking for is a reliable read of both pit and food I wouldn't get a Stoker, DigiQ or CyberQ. They will all have about the same temperature restrictions as the ET-73. You may want to visit the Thermaworks web page and see what they have to offer for reading and alarms.

The powered vent systems are too expensive for just a read and or alarms.

If you are wanting to control your cooks then that is a whole different situation.

GG

I agree completely. Thermaworks has what your looking for.
  • Brokersmoker
    Options
    Thanks GG, I really don't have too bad a problem holding temp. I just like a wake up call on overnighter's if needed.