Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

TRex Method on London Broil - Delicious

Options
Smokin' Stogies
Smokin' Stogies Posts: 177
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I tried out the TRex steak method on a 2 inch thick London Broil that I marinaded for 24 hours. It was outstanding. Perfect char and superb middle. There were not any leftovers.

DSC_0023.jpg

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks good! How long did you roast after the sear?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    Seared 3 minutes per side at 650+, pulled it off to let it rest while I dropped the egg to 400, about 20 minutes, then 8 minutes per side. Let it rest 5 more then sliced as the pix show. My daughter called her brother in Montana and teased him on how good it was. He told me he would be on the next flight home if it were not for college.

Smokin'Stogies in Exton, Pa with my wife and our four dogs; Sully and Boo the Newfoundlands, Murphy the Irish Setter and Alli the Beagle/Lab mix. 

Eggers Prayer-

Our egg, which art in sizes, hallowed be thy smoke, thy will be grilled, at home as it is at eggfest. Give us this clay our daily brisket and forgive us our rubs, as we forgive those who gas grill against us, and lead us not to flashback but deliver us from overnighters. For thine is the grill, the smoke, the egg. Let's eat!

• Mr Holloway
    Options
    Looks perfectly cooked, the TRex method has taken my steaks to a new level. :)
  • Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    Mine too. Don't know if I can go to the neighbors next weekend and eat steak that they are planning. I think the egg has made me a food snob, nothing is as good anymore.

Eggers Prayer-

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Thanks. Looks just like I like 'em. Haven't had LB in forever... well before I got the egg. Time to try it again.

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Forgot to ask... what did you use for a marinade?

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    SWEET!!! B) Dat's some YUMMEE lookin MooCow!
  • Smokin' Stogies
    Options
    London Broil Marinade:

2/3 Cup Soy Sauce
    1/4 Vegetable Oil
    6 cloves minced garlic
    2 teaspoons ground ginger or 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons dry mustard
    2 tablespoons molasses

Mix everything together and place London Broil in zip lock bag or marinader.

Eggers Prayer-

• Carolina Q
    Options
    Perfect! Now I know what I'm cookin' this weekend! Thanks!!

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• berrygood
    Options
    Best looking thing I've seen in awhile on here. Truthfully, it's hard to make something that simple stand out on this forum, but you did it. Great picture!
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    That looks fantastic. Another item added to the "to do" list. :woohoo:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • mhhamburger
    Options
    I am prepping this for the LB tomorrow.

Gratitude to Smokin Stogies for the marinade and TRex technique!!!

I'm loving my Egg and all the eggheads inspiring techniques, marinades and passion!

~Hamburger~