Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Labor Day cooks (PIC HEAVY)

Options
highpress
highpress Posts: 694
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All!
hope everyone has had a great weekend. I know i did. It was just gorgeous weather... I did alot of drinking (the problem is when don't I :evil: ), cooking, yard work, and just enjoying time with the family. Anyways, here are some recent cooks.

Chicken Pot Pie: This was pretty good. Would make this again, maybe bump the temp up for a flakier crust.
DSCN2216.jpg

DSCN2222.jpg
All the mains mixed together... some frozen veggies, some spices from the pantry, and anything else that i thought should go in...

DSCN2220.jpg
This was store bought pie crust. get over it.

DSCN2225.jpg
Dump said mixture in...

DSCN2228.jpg
Put the top layer on..

DSCN2231.jpg
on da egg

DSCN2233.jpg
apperently i didn't have the foil on all the way as the one part got too crispy..

DSCN2237.jpg
It was perty good! And as far as chicken pot pies go, this was good yet still fairly easy on the prep time. Probably not as good as homemade pie crust and fresh veggies, but still some good eats especially on a weeknight.

Pizza and Wings:
Ok, so normally when i do pizza and wings and i do the wings on the small and pizza on large.. .However i wanted to do pulled pork on the small later so i didn't want to fire up the small as i had it all prepped for 3am start on the pork. So i tried an new setup, AND IT WAS FANTASTIC! i think this will be how i do pizza and wings from now on.

DSCN2240.jpg
get her up to temp

DSCN2245.jpg
The basic setup was a grid at normal level, 2 firebricks, a drip pan on bricks, the AR with a grid midlevel, wings, then top level has grid and pizza stone...

DSCN2247.jpg
wings on, then pizza, cook pizza, flip wings, then 2nd pizza on.

DSCN2248.jpg
Kelly's pie..

DSCN2257.jpg
My pie

DSCN2258-1.jpg
Crust looks good!

DSCN2251.jpg

DSCN2253.jpg
once second pizza came off wings have finished up!

DSCN2256.jpg

The pizza and wings were just outta this world..

Pulled Pork
This was from an 8lb pork shoulder for a group of us on sunday. This was all that was left. Nuff for 5 sammies. No pics of the actuall cook.. It was damn good. Injected with Chris Lillys recipe, and rubbed with BBBR. Maple smoke from tree that fell on back deck a few months ago...

DSCN2262.jpg

DSCN2266.jpg

And finally dinner last night: Dirty Rice and Kilbasa. Quick and easy:

DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2268.jpg

Sorry for the pic overload, thanks for looking. Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend! Thanks for looking, enjoy!

Comments