Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

BBQ Pitmasters show

DawgtiredDawgtired Posts: 238
edited 12:48AM in EggHead Forum
On the last show, one of the chefs (i've gone brain dead and can't remember the guy's name) really impressed Myron with his ribs. Anyone that competes out there ever had one of his? Any idea what makes his so special?

Comments

• That's Johnny Trigg. His ribs are so good cause he carries a gun in his boot :laugh: :laugh:
  • So I can deduce that if I carry a gun in my boot, I'll make good ribs too ;)
  • As Joe Stalin once said, it doesn't matter who votes, but who *counts* the votes. The pistol is just for incentive :P
  • Johnny Trigg is a friend of mine

I first met him at one of his first BBQ cookoffs in Forth Worth TX

I went to Texas to learn to cook Brisket...I traveled through many of the BBQ areas, Taylor, Elgin, Austin, San Antonio, Llano etc and what I learned was you need to cook brisket somewhere between 4 and 35 hours

I have sat in his motorhome many times and have watch him cook and prepare his ribs, brisket, pork and chicken for turn in. I also was able to taste it all.

Does he have any secrets, like Johnny says "if I told you, I would have to kill you"
  • :laugh:
    Does he have any secrets, like Johnny says "if I told you, I would have to kill you"[/quote] :laugh:

Told ya :laugh: :laugh:
  • Vance,

So how did they taste? I won't tell.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    I carry a gun in both boots and one in my pocket but my ribs still suck! :(
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    NOPE,see my other post. :(
  • They are good, but so are yours.....much depends on the judges, on one table you might get high scores and with the same ribs on another table, you might score low

Being consistently good is the important thing and after that, it is a crapshoot which table does your judging

I will be seeing you at the Jack.
  • Trigg Good and Smitty Good are quite different most of the time. LOL

See you there.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA