Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Couple from the weekend so far

Options
jetmech
jetmech Posts: 75
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm fairly new to the egg, just got it last weekend. First cook, I jumped in with both feet and made a brisket. It was good and I got some nice compliments from some of you here and most importantly I made some notes and learned what to do for this one I am having today. Also the Stoker came this week and using it was like cheating! Oh my is that thing the bomb! I made Baby Backs saturday, first time making ribs on my new Egg and also my first time using the stoker. 5 hours at 240* My 8 year old daughter who's picky enough but loves ribs ate 6, most I have ever seen her eat. Wife and I agreed they were my best BB effort ever and I felt like a stuffed tick last night. Here's a go at the ribs:

Ribs.jpg

And, today's menu with some friends coming over is brisket #2. I think the rub I used on my first had too much sugar in it and may have been more suited towards pork but it made a tasty bark. I found out my thermo was off too so I pulled the last one a little later than I should have. This time I was cheating and used the Stoker. This was just before I pulled it off to separate the point for some burnt ends and wrapped it in foil now sitting in the cooler. I'll post some pics on the slices and burnt ends later but the little sampling I had when I removed the point, my oh my! 9lb packer, 235* for 11 hours, temp read 200*, stuck a toothpick in and it was like butter.

brisket.jpg

Comments