We finished the table for my wife's Egg last night. This is nothing compared to you guys that build your own but I thought it was a decent upgrade for a standard premade Egg table.
Started of by sawing the ends straight. We left them rounded on our long table for the other Egg and it just made tiling more difficult.
Then I dry fit the pieces.
Thinset application. I used the metal flashing to give the grout something to form up against.
Set the tiles...
I built a frame around the front piece using 1" lattice trim and then set the trim pieces on the front.
Then I framed the top with 1 1/2" lattice trim, ready for grouting.
Two coats of stain and spar varnish.
And the results...