Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs with brisket or butts

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious do any of you mix a long cooking meat like brisket or butts with ribs? This question came up as I was reading the previous post about dry ribs which probaly occurred beacsue of opening the lid too often. But can the same be said for the last hour of smoking ribs as I tend to slather them with sauce every 15 minutes. Is that drying out my other long cooking meats? Do you usually just cook all ribs or all long cooking meats?[p]Howard

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Howard,[p]Worry not. You aren't risking drying out a butt or brisket by saucing your ribs every 15 for the last hour.... a few openings are not going to hurt the big cuts.[p]Yes, I cook ribs and the big cuts seperate, but there's no reason why you can't do the two together and be happy with the results.[p]Cuppa Joes!
    John[p]

• Mr. Doggies,[p]I agree. Those who compete often only have but one cooker with them and they manage to make chicken, ribs, porb butts and briskets all at the same time. [p]Brews to ya and the Mrs,
    Matt.[p]