Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bubba Tims Burnt Offerings reminder

Options
Little Chef
Little Chef Posts: 4,725
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Evening Eggheads! RogerT (first time poster) brought up a very valid point. We all post our 'pretty' cooks, but don't post our "OOOPS!!" cooks. Just a reminder for everyone about Bubba Tims burnt offerings page. Certainly there are a lot of us out there that have messed up a cook or twelve! Let's add to burnt offerings, it's great for a laugh! :laugh:

http://www.bubbatim.com/Bubba_s_Burnt_Offerings.php

Remember, the purpose of this page was to be able to show newbies that even more experienced eggheads mess up, so 500 posts please. :)

Here's one I posted last year...planning to do an indirect spatchcocked bird. Left it to cook as if the platesetter was in the egg....oops!!

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=629854&catid=1

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Michelle,

As soon as I mess up a cook I will post. Hasn't er... happened to me yet...really :unsure:

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I'd love to help with a submission but I'm pretty much perfect. Sorry.
  • Little Chef
    Options
    And you are so humble, too. :laugh: :whistle: I still luv ya though. ;)
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Steve: Maybe because you make other people cook your Mahi Mahi?? :ohmy: :blink: :laugh:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I make other people do all my cooking :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Gee, I don't think I ever had a big screwup on the Egg, beside a thick pork loin cutlet that got a wee bit overdone and dry because I was so busy talking. But then, I'm the compulsive type that sits there listening to and staring at the Guru blower breathing IN...OUT...IN...OUT...and so on.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    and cleaning :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Here's a brisket I did a couple of years ago. Doesn't it look yummy? Don't believe it...I'da done better putting some sauce on the Egg and serving that instead. This was as tough as nails:

DSC00201.jpg
  • Little Chef
    Options
    The guru breathing... :laugh: I SO understand! :blush: You tackled the corn tortillas yet??? :huh: :)
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Molly,

I am one hell of a prep guy though B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• LFGEnergy
    LFGEnergy Posts: 618
    Options
    I would have posted the pork loin that was one of my first cooks, but the camera did not accurately pick up the sawdust coming from my mouth as I chewed :sick: :P!!! Other than that, pretty perfect myself!

Oops :( :unsure: :sick: , forgot my "brined and smoked" turkey adventures last year. I know you guys love your turkeys, but I am planning on taking the months of November and December off from the blog to allow you to get it out of your systems!

Dave in Keller, Texas
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    Yes, two days ago I got the Masteca at the first store I tried, made half a recipe that night. I cooked two for my dinner and they were great. I wrapped the unused dough in plastic wrap and refrigerated it. Tried to make more the next morning for breakfast, but you can't work with it! It doesn't hold together, probably too moist.

Anyway, I'll only make it from fresh dough in the future. Looked all over the web for a press that makes bigger tortillas and isn't a honking big apparatus. No such thing exists.

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Little Chef
    Options
    LOL...I could have given you a couple shoelaces!! :laugh: You probably wouldn't have worn em out yet! Been there, too! ;) :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    heck yes you are!!! :laugh: :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Little Chef
    Options
    Judy, Glad you liked them! When I make the tortillas, I press the whole batch, and put a piece of plastic wrap between each tortilla. Stored flat in an airtight container, they last a few days in the fridge. Just drop it in the skillet to heat through, and good to go! Hope it works for you, too! :)
  • SeaBassHWD
    Options
    This happened to me last week (sorry, no pics. You'll see why):
    I made my first ABTs and prepped the jalapenos with my bare hands. I felt nothing and washed my hands... I remember the construction worker posted a week ago about having burning hands and recommending gloves next time. Well, I lucked out as I made it 30 min without feeling a thing. Anyway, long story short, I went to use the restroom and thought nothing of it.

10 min later as I was putting the ABTs in, I feel some itching in my underwear. Was it the Hooker from a week ago? Did my wife cheat on me? Wait, I didn't get a Hooker and my wife hasn't given it up in a loooooong time. What could it be? A few min later and a more burning sensation, I realized I should have worn gloves. So there I am 45 min later and ready and time to take out the ABTs. It was hard as I had one hand on tongs and the other icing my you know what
    NEVER AGAIN!
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    I guess then, water sking is pretty much outta the picture! :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Loco,

Rod don't need no stinkin skis. He walks on it. B)

teve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loco_engr
    Options
    2nd cook :sick:
    Needless to say, I lernt me a few things that night! :ohmy:

ABT_after.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • loco_engr
    Options
    LS:

That's where I was headed, but didn't want to directly say it! :woohoo: :woohoo:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I knew that, just trying to clarify :laugh: Never seen him pooch anything though.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• loco_engr
    Options
    Good luck to you at Fidelfest then! :lol:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • Little Chef
    Options
    loco: Fantastic cook! (what was it?? :blink: ) And congratulations! Bubba Tim has officially decided to post your pic on his Burnt Offerings page! :laugh: B) He would have posted to you himself, but after looking at the pic, he had to go take some Pepcid. :laugh: :whistle: Thanks for sharing some of the NOT so perfect! ;)
  • loco_engr
    Options
    ABT's . . . had to try'um after the scene at the dealers! :woohoo:

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=955268&catid=1
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
  • loco_engr
    Options
    LC:

Started out like these. :laugh:

ABT_before.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman: