Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Colonel's Mexican Stuffed Pork Chops

The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 87
edited 1:17AM in EggHead Forum
Hey gang, finally getting around to post the Mexican Stuffed pork chop recipe. My Mother-in-law said she was going to take me out of her will if I didn't fix her some so I guess I had better brew up another batch. I found the longer you marinade the chops in the Santa Fe marinade the better they are.
yours in the egg--the colonel

·

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Thanks, Mike. Those chops were fantastic!

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    The Colonel,[p]You must have just run out of Chimay. I have been nursing a few of those rascals in a frozen mug. Not bad at all - wish I had gotten a few of the others to try.[p]You mentioned that no matter what I did, I would get a huge head when I poured it. I was going to send you a picture of one but.... An old bartender's trick is to take a frosted mug and quickly fill with water and pour out - then slowly fill with Chimay on the side of the mug. Result= no head. [p]It does kick a little after 2 of them.[p]Tim - thanks again!!
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,341
    The Colonel,
    Yeeeeee ha! I been wondering if you wuz gonna post that. I was lucky enough to bribe you into slipping me a piece of the fattest chops I ever saw at the fest, and I will never forget that flavor. Thanks for posting that magic recipe!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    The Colonel,
    Is the Santa Fe Pork Loin marinade a commercial product? If so, who makes it? Thanks
    JimW

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    The Colonel,[p]Thank you sir. Now all I have to do is get my butcher to find some stegasaurus chops :). Excellent eats.[p]Spin

·
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 87
    Tim M,
    Isn't it the smoooooooooothest you have had lately???
    I am going home and fill my cold mug with water as soon as I get there--thanks

·
    JimW, check the forum recipe section. there is a santa fe pork loin recipe--the marinade I used is in that recipe.

·
    Nature Boy, your are too kind sir. not to mention the best and most adventuresome cook at the fest.
    yours in the egg--the colonel[p]

·
    Spin, thanks friend, going to try the pizza this weekend--wish me luck

·
    Cat, you are too kind--thanks

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    the colonel,