Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Colonel's Mexican Stuffed Pork Chops

The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 87
edited 7:48AM in EggHead Forum
Hey gang, finally getting around to post the Mexican Stuffed pork chop recipe. My Mother-in-law said she was going to take me out of her will if I didn't fix her some so I guess I had better brew up another batch. I found the longer you marinade the chops in the Santa Fe marinade the better they are.
yours in the egg--the colonel

·

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Thanks, Mike. Those chops were fantastic!

·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    The Colonel,[p]You must have just run out of Chimay. I have been nursing a few of those rascals in a frozen mug. Not bad at all - wish I had gotten a few of the others to try.[p]You mentioned that no matter what I did, I would get a huge head when I poured it. I was going to send you a picture of one but.... An old bartender's trick is to take a frosted mug and quickly fill with water and pour out - then slowly fill with Chimay on the side of the mug. Result= no head. [p]It does kick a little after 2 of them.[p]Tim - thanks again!!
    ·
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,334
    The Colonel,
    Yeeeeee ha! I been wondering if you wuz gonna post that. I was lucky enough to bribe you into slipping me a piece of the fattest chops I ever saw at the fest, and I will never forget that flavor. Thanks for posting that magic recipe!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    The Colonel,
    Is the Santa Fe Pork Loin marinade a commercial product? If so, who makes it? Thanks
    JimW

·
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    The Colonel,[p]Thank you sir. Now all I have to do is get my butcher to find some stegasaurus chops :). Excellent eats.[p]Spin

·
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 87
    Tim M,
    Isn't it the smoooooooooothest you have had lately???
    I am going home and fill my cold mug with water as soon as I get there--thanks

·
    JimW, check the forum recipe section. there is a santa fe pork loin recipe--the marinade I used is in that recipe.

·
    Nature Boy, your are too kind sir. not to mention the best and most adventuresome cook at the fest.
    yours in the egg--the colonel[p]

·
    Spin, thanks friend, going to try the pizza this weekend--wish me luck

·
    Cat, you are too kind--thanks

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    the colonel,