Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

I cooked dinner

mint-tulipmint-tulip Posts: 171
edited 2:07PM in EggHead Forum
On Sunday Kim cooked a great baked ham. We had some leftovers and I decided to cook Broccoli Braid with Ham....here are a few pics.

Laying out the crescent rolls

001-47.jpg

Spreading cream cheese and butter

005-58.jpg

The ham & broccoli

007-53.jpg

The cheese & green onions

008-47.jpg

Prepped & ready for the small BGE...cooked at 350 for 30 minutes

011-34.jpg

Almost ready

014-27.jpg

Added a little cheese & ready to eat

018-21.jpg

Overall it was very good and I will make it again however I will make a few tweaks to the recipe...stay tuned for updates & thanks for looking.

Also, we were trying to fix the dome on the small Saturday and we broke a screw...oh well it still cooks well

012-27.jpg

Comments

• mint-tulipmint-tulip Posts: 171
    Thanks Mr. Tweev.... :)
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,672
    Ginny, I have a couple of those screws so we can fix it at the mini fest if your bringing it. If not I can mail it to you.
    Oh ,,,, and the meal looks great :P
  • eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Ginny, I didn't know left overs could be so gorgeous! It certainly looks yummy. :) That Kim is one fortunate man!

Thanks for the pics.
  • Ginny, that's a nice hearty comfort food dinner right there with a beautiful presentation. Those cresent roll thingys sure are fun to work with.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 2 Smalls, 1 well-used Mini
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    Nice Ginny! see you soon! (don't forget the EVO)
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    That is a fantastic ....cook, presentation,post, attention to detail..what else can I say but FANTASTIC.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • PrimePrime Posts: 52
    That looks amazing! My grandma used to make something similar and my mouth just started watering thinking about it.
    Thanks Rebecca and yes I tell him that all the time... ;) B) :)
    Got it all packed and ready to pour on your feet.... :woohoo: :lol: :silly:
    Why thank you kind sir... :)
    Love those crescent thingys.... :P
    Thanks Pat we will be bringing it...the band needs to be tightened. :blink:
  • milesofsmilesmilesofsmiles Posts: 1,366
    Ginny, behind every onion is a lovely meal. Slookin soooo good. Many :) :) :) your way. Oh yeah, say to onion man.Ronnie.
  • cookn bikercookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Nice fresh idea Ginny!! Lot's of possibilities!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
    Thanks Ronnie and I will pass it along... :)
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Ginny, That looks neat to make. I would think a person could use their imagination and use many different ingredients. I'm going to bookmark this cook. Thanks Tim ;)
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,787
    Ginny,

Beautiful! Does the old man dissapear at cooking time? He talks a good game but never saw him cook anything B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GadflyGadfly Posts: 121
    Yes, unfortunately those screws don't have enough "cap" to support over-tightening. My dealer was nice enough to give me a couple of replacement screws when I broke one.
    Nah he hangs around to get pointers...LOL ;) :laugh:
  • elzbthelzbth Posts: 2,075
    Looks delicious! Did you steam the broccoli in advance?
  • HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    That looks AWESOME!!! B)
  • RipnemRipnem Posts: 5,511
    Ginny,

That's a thing of beauty! Nice work

I broke one of those same screws on my new mini band. I was able to fabricate another one from a stainless screw, I just had to cut a good portion of the head off so it wouldn't push against the dome. I used a dremmel tool with a cut-off wheel and clamped the screw in a vise (with 2 nuts on it to not hurt the threads)
  • Mr HollowayMr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    What a great idea. Very nice :)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Ginny on top of being delicious this is a work of art. Congratulations
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    Yes she did partially steam the broccoli even though the recipe didn't say to. We like our broccoli cooked through not al dente'.... ;)
  • Lawn RangerLawn Ranger Posts: 5,466
    That's truly beautiful! Very nice.

Mike
  • la locala loca Posts: 2
    thanks for sharing .. we made a batch of your dinner today... it was awesome...:) :cheer: