Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Response to Intrigued

Options
Weekend Warrior
Weekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I had typed this and then couldn't reply because your post had been removed. My reply as follows:

I'm familiar with the thread. I played a role in explaining to Tweev that we come from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, religions and income levels and that some of us could purchase an egg with pocket change while others of us saved for weeks or months to buy an egg; all of this trying to explain why some of us might use ingredients considered inferior(cheaper) than what one might expect from the owner of a Big Green Egg. Tweev started off on the wrong foot here and I think he would be the first one to admit that today. Unfortunately, he followed that misstep with several others that including sweeping generalizations about groups of people and a dismissal of all organized religion, using an unsavory descriptor for lesbians and generally speaking out of place for someone so new to the Big Green Egg and our forum, etc, etc, etc. I was just one of many who chastised and berated him along his bumpy road to today. He called me "very rude" once and now admittedly, I deserved it; probably the only time in my life someone has said that to me. It was cause for reflection on my part and a realization that I too was part of the problem.

That being said, and he being a young man with plenty of time to reflect and grow as an individual, it seems to me at least that he is trying to make amends. Regardless of his motives, he seems to have learned what we consider "acceptable behavior" on this forum. I have seen him deliberately baited into situations for the sole purpose of making him look bad and I've seen him attacked for saying things that other members would get away with without even a blink from anyone else. All of the above contributed to us looking like one of the most pathetic, in-fighting, petty, and childish forums on the web for the last six months.

In summary, Tweev isn't the sole reason we are where we are today, and I for one am willing to extend the olive branch and hopefully put this dreadful period on the forum behind us. I hope you can too. It's entirely possible, we have met and are friends outside of this board. If we are, I hope you have considered my words and will still respect my opinion and consider me a friend.

Tweev, I apologize for dredging up some of this old "material" and speaking of you like you couldn't read it. I hope you understand where I tried to go with this post.

I apologize to all for rambling also. I just, like so many others, want our forum to return to the friendly, warm and welcoming place it once was. The measures that have been taken by our moderators, while a stop-gap and not the perfect solution let the abusive perpetrators know that we are not going to tolerate it any more.

Mark

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    Options
    who you might influence.

I was moved by the lecture by Chimimanda Adichie, and showed it to my wife.

My wife is a graduate school professor of nursing in a predominately black university in Houston. She also was impressed and just forwarded the link to the presentation to the professor that teaches a trans-cultural class to African and Indian nursing students.

You never know.

Thanks.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious