Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beutiful tenderloin, LOOK!!

Options
egghead2004
egghead2004 Posts: 430
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
tenderloin%20002.jpg
<p />Any suggestions? My B-I-Law bought this and we cut the tail up and made a few steaks tonight that were out of this world. We want to make a good roast with the head Saturday evening. I am open to suggestions.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    egghead2004,
    go to www.dizzypigbbq.com . . go to the recipes section and see a detailed description of how i do the tenderloin roast. ..comes out great every time. ..

• backyardbbq
    Options
    egghead2004,I grilled a tenderloin the other day. Rubbed in Cherry Chipotle and cooked above the platesetter at about 450 . It was incredible!

• The Naked Whiz
    Options
    egghead2004,
    Howsabout a Drunk 'n Dirty Tenderloin? I think the recipe is in the recipe section somewhere.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • egghead2004
    Options
    egghead2004,
    What if I sear on open flame, then rest, and cook 400 indirect untill 130 internal? Dizzy Cow lick, olive oil?

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    egghead2004, bet that would look good with some BACON wrapped around it????

• egghead2004
    Options
    OK, this was nice. I heated the egg up with the leftover chef wagon....Uh Oh. Seasoned heavily with Cow Lick and seared on a low grill. Both sides 3 minutes. Then pulled from grill and rested for 20 minutes. Whie the loin was resting, I added the platesetter, drip tray full of beer and homemade caberanet and Kosher salt.
    Seasoned again with lots of cow lick and kisher salt. Put back on grill after resting 20 minutes. cooked @ 350 for 1hour 10 minutes(135 internal). Pulled and grilled portabella mushrooms and plantains.[p]What a meal. The best yet is what I was told by the inlaws. Perfetct, pink all the way throgh, juicy, and tender.[p]this forum is the best.[p]BTW, I could not take pictures dur to the pesence of the family...the dork-o-meter would have run way too high[p]
    Jeter's golfing!!!!!![p]The beef was a