Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried the cheeseburger soup...

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

that FatMike posted about a few days ago (Link to his post), however I made a couple of changes...I decided to skip the chicken stock and instead used a bottle of Newcastle Brown Ale, didn't have any half/half so I checked the fridge and used a container of Vanilla yogurt, also used whole wheat flour instead of white flour...recipes are only a guide right?

Here is the ground beef, onions right after adding the Newcastle and water/flour mixture...
S082310-02.jpg

I did use one pound of Velveeta plus about 6 ounces of shredded cheddar I found in the fridge, also chopped up a couple of small Jalepenos...also added about a tablespoon of DP Shaking the Tree (no other spicing)...here it is with the cheese melted, a little browner than Mike's, but that was to be expected...
S082310-03.jpg

I then let it simmer for about an hour covered loosely with foil, also did a Pillsbury French Loaf for some crusty bread, however forgot to get any pictures right after taking the DO off, so here is one after EggHatter & I have had a large bowl, looks a little thick, but it was GOOD...
S082310-04.jpg

Actually a very quick & easy soup to prepare (took maybe 20 minutes from opening the package of ground beef until starting to simmer). I do believe this one will be done again and maybe some more "adjustments".

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments