Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Pork butt question

SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
edited 1:17AM in EggHead Forum
Next weekend I'm doing my FIRST pulled pork for the family. I'm following Elder Wards directions. The only question I have at this point is, I've ordered a bone in rather than bonless. Any special instructions or does it make any difference at all?

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    <p />Sundown, I think his recipe was for a bone-in roast so you are right on track. The link has a post from Elder Ward, the picture is a bone-in roast from Earl - What a combination! Either way, you can't go wrong.[p]You really have something to liik forward to next weekend![p][p]
    [ul][li]A Post from Elder Ward[/ul]
  • SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Sundown,[p]A bone-in tends to cook just a tad bit faster than a boneless. No real big difference on the cook or timing. Finish using the internal temp. Best to you on the cook.[p]Spin

• GfwGfw Posts: 1,598
    Sundown, SORRY! I just re-read you post and realized how out of context my reply was. Well pulled pork and prime rib do have something in common - on the BGE, they are both great!

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Sundown,[p]Bone-in cuts are always tastier, IMO. If you're using a Polder to gauge doneness make sure the probe isn't hitting bone. [p]Cathy[p]PS Are you ribbing?

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
    You betcha! And I can't wait for them to be done. I appear to be drooling a lot...age or anticipation?

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Sundown,[p]The latter, of course. ;-}[p]Cathy

• SundownSundown Posts: 2,925
    Why you are just too kind, thank you.