Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT..daughter's reception

Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited 7:30AM in EggHead Forum
OK...Mom has bragging rights. Our youngest daughter got married by the JP, in Kentucky, in Feb. We finally got the chance to celebrate with her this weekend. Randy and I cooked for about 60 people. We turned the traditional BBQ pulled pork, into a Mexican buffet. Refried beans, cheese taquitos, green chili casserole,and tortillas. A fun time had by all...Just a few to show off our beautiful daughter and husband.
DSCF0180.jpg
DSCF0187.jpg
DSCF0194.jpg

thanks for letting me brag....

the Filly

Comments

• HossHoss Posts: 14,600
    Congrats!!!
  • Village IdiotVillage Idiot Posts: 6,953
    Wow ! What a knockout !!!!

Ya done good, Filly. :lol:

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• eenie meenieeenie meenie Posts: 4,392
    Kim, he is a very fortunate husband and son-in-law. Your daughter is absolutely stunning! :)
  • Spring HenSpring Hen Posts: 1,563
    You have every right to brag....you did a spectacular job! Happiness always!
    Judy
    Co-Proprietor and Madam of The Chicken Ranch
    Spring, Texas USA
  • EggsakleyEggsakley Posts: 1,016
    Congrats on the feast and nuptials. He is quite a lucky guy to have landed a peach as lovely as your daughter. Can he cook?
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    A very handsome couple indeed. ;)
  • FluffybFluffyb Posts: 1,815
    What a beautiful couple! Congratulations and cheers to a long and happy life together. :laugh:
  • Beautiful!
    Congrats to all!!
    Is this the last daughter to leave the nest?
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    wonderful! looks like a happy couple :) glad it all went well and I bet there was not much food left :)
  • Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 10,187
    I know you're both exhausted but you loved every minute of it, didn't you?

Congratulations and all that stuff.

Spring "Exhaustion Is Just Another Way To Keep You From A Good Nights Sleep" Chicken
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,671
    Beautiful couple Kim I'm sure you and Randy are very proud. Now if you can just get him away from that keg to help with the cleanup :laugh:
  • Congratulations to the family, Kim. The food pics looked great and I'm sure the newlyweds enjoyed it. I think your daughter resembles her mom alot!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 6 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!
  • 2Fategghead2Fategghead Posts: 9,623
    Faith I have not seen a lot of pic's of Kim but, as far as I can tell she looks a lot like her mom.

We have a saying here in Tennessee.

Forgive me when I say this. "She looks like she was picked out of her mothers butt!" ha ha :woohoo:
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,269
    Kim when they look like that its not bragging ;)
    Hope you guys had a ball....
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• Looks like y'all had a lot of hard work but satisfying work as well. Great times with family and friends seems to always include a feast and y'all sure had one.

Randy said he needs some help with the keg B)
  • Desert FillyDesert Filly Posts: 1,042
    thanks Rebecca....he's French....and he'll be in big trouble if he ever decides to move back.
  • Boss HoggBoss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Kim-Congratulations to all. Family stuff is the best stuff on the forum.
    Brian
    DOW...they have all left the nest. But this is number 4 of 5 to get married. And this was my first daughter....so it was very different this time.
    actually...there was quite a bit left over. We kept second guessing our selves. But we had an angel...and the kitchen was all cleaned up when we woke up this morning. :)
    we did love every minute of it. I tell you....we were more exhausted than any of the fests we've been to.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,740
    Kim,

She is beautiful. She doesn't look one bit like Randy :P

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

thanks alot Faith...she is beautiful...
    agreed Brian...with 5 girls and families....it's rare that we can all get together at the same time.
  • Judy MayberryJudy Mayberry Posts: 1,943
    A beautiful daughter, a beautiful spread, lots of pictures, and a lifetime of memories! It makes me happy to hear about your wonderful party!

Judy
    Judy in San Diego
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,144
    Congratulations! Since you are the Desert Filly she has to be the Desert Rose.
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Kim she is gorgeous, Felicidades to the newlyweds & to the parents congratulations for a most delicious menu
  • hornhonkhornhonk Posts: 3,841
    My God, you and your daughter could be sisters.Your party pictures looked great,thanks for letting us share in the fun!
  • BashBash Posts: 1,011
    Thanks for sharing. What a cute couple. I'm sure you two are proud, and rightfully so.

Richard
  • Your daughter looks just like you Kim

Ross
  • FiretruckFiretruck Posts: 2,678
    Kim, looks like ya'll had a great time and you're right...she's beautiful. ;)