Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Egging in the rain

olblueolblue Posts: 42
edited 1:00AM in EggHead Forum
Today is a dreary drizzly day in Annapolis. The kind of rain where you turn the windshield wipers off and on every couple miles.[p]I don't think that kind of rain would hurt the egg, but what about a sudden downpour. When thunderstorms are forecast, does Mollyshark use her egg down in Texas?

·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    ol-blue, I would sure like to see one of those downpours...I would push me BGE right out there and cook me a duck...! Kidding of course, we had a .65 inch rain over the last few days..and that was the best rain since last year I think. Midwest is hurting. Buy corn and bean futures.
    Answer is..the BGE is weather proof, but I still use a cover when in storage. I cook in rain, snow, sleet, and sunshine.
    Happy Q to you..C~W[p]

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    ol-blue,
    Well of COURSE I egg in the rain. And hail. And whatever else happens to blow in. This is a land of extremes. There are now billboards and bus benches around town stating "No Gusts..No Glory." Other than that last tornado when it was like a scene from Wizard of Oz in my backyard, I've never let a little weather deter me. Heck..I'd starve! Only think I do is keep the daisy wheel on in a downpour! That acid rain flavor is hard on a roast.

·
  • mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    THING girl, not think. (musta been the Sake)
    ·
  • Tim MTim M Posts: 2,410
    ol-blue,[p]I have done some fine grilling in the rain. My wife watches the weather channel and decides to cook outside if its going to rain. I caught on after about a year - yep, it works fine in the rain.
    Two rules of thumb:
    Always leave the rain cap on - not a daisy top since it will leak and you don't wan't wet lump.
    Never light it in the heavest part of a rain storm. Its hard to light the lighter in a heavy rain - use an umbrella if you need to.[p]Enjoy the drissle - my lawn loves it down here![p]Tim[p]

·