Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Whole Wheat Pizza.

Options
Rooster K
Rooster K Posts: 416
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Not pretty but they were tasty. Whole wheat crust with home made fresh mozzarella.

Glenda made the Mozz following the instructions here:
http://www.cheesemaking.com/includes/modules/jWallace/ChsPgs/1Mozz/Index.html

Not very round :(
Tomato basil fresh mozz.
0811001857.jpg

Egged at 550 10-15 min

0811001920.jpg

Only thing I would change is that I should have salted and draind the tomato. the pie got soggy in the middle.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Looks good!! How tas the taste and texture? I've found with baking, whole wheat is a bit over powering. I now use half and half.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rooster K
    Options
    It was good. It never is as chewy as high gluten. I tried to make these crispy to compensate. I usualy mix 50/50 or 25 wheat 75 bread. with good results. This was a new recipe.

The real star was the cheese. You should try and make it.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Wanna share the recipe?
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Rooster K
    Options
    My wife made the dough. I will see if I can track down the recipe. She told me it was whole wheat and later informed me that she added vital wheat gluten to it. I will try and get you the recipe tomorrow.