Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butts in ATL

Options
Bacchus
Bacchus Posts: 6,019
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone seen any deals on butt in the Atlanta area this week? I haven't bought any since the last run of $.99/# a few months back.
I have access to RD, Costco, Sams, & BJ's in addition to regular gro chains.

Thanks!

Comments

• jls
    jls Posts: 1
    Options
    Kroger here in Tennessee has them for $1.29 per pound.
  • BrewnChew
    Options
    No, I haven't seen any good deals lately. I picked up 15lb's at the Sam's on Clairmont last weekend for almost $1.50/lb. I wanted to smoke them, I was there and they looked really good. Everywhere else that I have looked (I live downtown) has been a similar price but have not been a similar looking cut. Turned out great and 11 foodsaver bags of leftovers.

I wouldn't recommend the brisket at this location. They only carry flats. I run out to stonecrest Sam's on Turner Hill Rd to pick up my briskets. Not sure of current cost but since that wasn't your question I guess that isn't a biggie.
  • BrewnChew
    Options
    No, I haven't seen any good deals lately. I picked up 15lb's at the Sam's on Clairmont last weekend for almost $1.50/lb. I wanted to smoke them, I was there and they looked really good. Everywhere else that I have looked (I live downtown) has been a similar price but have not been a similar looking cut. Turned out great and 11 foodsaver bags of leftovers.

I wouldn't recommend the brisket at this location. They only carry flats. I run out to stonecrest Sam's on Turner Hill Rd to pick up my briskets. Not sure of current cost but since that wasn't your question I guess that isn't a biggie.