Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vintage OT: Guide to Home Butchering and Curing...

Options
Humphrey Chimpden Earwicker
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
...complete with witty mocking and derision.

From Lileks >Vintage Guide to Home Curing

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    surprising what you could get away with back then and what you couldnt :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    Hilarious. There's no one quite likek Lileks for curing you of your nostalgia while making you appreciate how things were before. Have you ever seen "Mommy Knows Worst?"
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    That is great!

And I love the way you worked the word "derision" into the thread - not an easy thing to do. But then again you stated "witty mocking" and then followed that with derision and doesn't derision mean: ridicule; mockery? :laugh:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Stike, I think this is on par with "Steve, Don't Eat It". :laugh:
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I really liked the tutorial. ;) I now have to download and print the pages so that I can go to the store and get all of the necessary "tools" for the butchering. :woohoo: :laugh: Thanks for the link..I needed it to start my day. :whistle:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    Thank you sir, and good morning! As someone who was introduced to the basics of poultry slaughter, cleaning, and de-feathering during an all-night kegger, I can't tell you how this brings back fond memories.
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    So...
    quite possibly,the intro-duction of the "supermarket sausage chubb" could've led to the beginning of the "breakdown of the family unit"...that we see today!

Clearly...

"The family that cures together...stays together"!

Gotta go...GrandPa needs the meat saw!!

:woohoo:
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Oh man, "Steve dont eat it" is a web classic. Love it.