Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Here are some of our new favorite non-beef burgers: Italian Turkey Burger, Grilled Tuna Burger and Goat Cheese Portobello Burger. You’ll want to perfect these before football season starts up in a few weeks! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Brined Chops!

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,291
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Spice Cook's recipe for brined chops is awesome. Did some thick chops last night with Spice Cook's Brine. I left out the bay leaves, and added a whole bunch of crushed fresh lemongrass, and ginger root. Couldn't help myself and I also dumped in a couple glugs of fish sauce. Heated it to a boil to extract as much of the lemongrass/ginger/garlic flavor. Cooled with MikeO's great trick of swirling a ziplock full of ice in the hot brine.[p]Anyway, they brined for 3 hours, I rinsed, patted dry and slathered with mustard. Sprinkled on some cracked telicherry pepper, and seared them at 750, 3 minutes a side (rotating 45 degrees after 90 seconds). then a 5 minute dwell. They were perfectly seared, thin crust and very slightly pink in the center.[p]If you haven't tried brined chops, it could be time! Thanks again Spice Cook's for waking us up to this simple and effective technique for doing chops.[p]Happy Weekend
NB

[ul][li]Spice Cook's Brined Chops[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments