Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's not crisp enough, re-cook?

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did a couple of dozen ABT boats last night, sauced with Carnivore Chipolte and a bit of maple syrup. Was looking at them this morning and the fat part of the bacon does not look quite done.

Can I cook again in the oven,the egg or not at all?

Thanks,
Bordello

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Bob,

Do not make me come out there and show you how to cook for the girls. :laugh: Par cook the bacon across the grid with a raised grid and a drip pan below. It will leave you with some crunch in the chilis.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Bob, I was thinking about you today.
    I'd reheat on the egg, 350 to 375.
    Hope you're chillin. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Personally I cook bacon real quick in microwave BEFORE I wrap them around the jalapeños. Not long, spread them on some paper towels laid upon some newspaper for 1min.. It extracts enough water/grease to make them crisp up quicker. that's my view and I'm sticking with it.

20080831%20ABT.jpg
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Steve,
    Don't usually have this problem, they were in the fridge the night before cooking so were probably real cold. Still they went 2 hours around 325 (I usually do 350) for an hour.

Anyway, thanks,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Thanks Jerry,
    A little late for that on this one. :(

I'll go with Molly's advice.

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Molly,
    Thanks for the advice, will give it a shot tomorrow.

Hope all is well with you and your's.

Been pretty hot here in the Valley of the Sun, I just took the inside temp. here with my thermapen.

98, toasty warm. :whistle:

My Best to ya,
    Bordello
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Options
    Good Luck B!!! B)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    You can always reheat them in a skillet, flipping once.

I have taken to reheating almost all leftovers on the stove, rather than nuking. MUCH better.
  • bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
  • troutman
    troutman Posts: 498
    Options
    Hey Bob, good to hear from you and hope all is well.

Say "Hey" to all the ladies for me.

I'd rather have hot weather than cold any old day, but this heat is relentless this year. Ugh.
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Scott,
    Yep, hot is hot. I do some landscape trimming at the pub to help out. I try to be down there between 5 and 6 in the morning and stop between 9 and 10. By then I'm tired anyway's. LOL

I ususally fine that the monsoon/humidity is gone around the middle of Sept. so we don't have much longer.

Hang in there,
    Bordello
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    As I recall you like the hot weather. Haven't seen you in over a year, if outdoor kitchens does their fest again you need to come. -RP
  • Bordello
    Options
    Hi Randy,
    Was really sorry I missed it and all of you that attended. Will try my best this year if they do it.

Thanks,
    Bordello