Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Spatchcocked Duck

BluesnBBQBluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did a low and slow duck last night for the first time. I spatchcocked it, and rubbed it with olive oil, salt and pepper. I cooked it direct at 200-250 for about 5 hours. After about three hours I flipped it to let the skin crisp some (for about 30 minutes) then flipped it back over. I used a couple of apple chunks for smoke.[p]It was good - very moist and smokey, with crisp skin, but the meat was a little bland. What can I do to make it better? I think next time I might try basting it with an apricot preserves/apricot brandy mix, or maybe marinating it in an Asian style (plum, black bean or hoisin sauce based) maridane. Any other ideas?

Comments