Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bratwurst recipe

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was thinking of doing them indirect so I wouldn't have to turn them. Does anyone have a good indirect bratwurst recipe? If you have a good direct one, I am willing to try that too...[p]

Comments

• Marine Cook
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]Try putting them in a beer bath on the egg in a disposable aluminum pan with some butter and onions. let them cook in the bath and them finish on the grill to crisp the skin. Awesome!!![p]Semper Fi,[p]MC
  • Mark Backer
    Options
    Mark Backer,[p]I decided to go with something I saw yesterday on PBS. The bbqu.net guy that has those trendy bbq books out has a show that I happened across. He was using a weber for smoking various stuff. [p]What I ended up doing was cooking the brats at 350 indirect and smoking them with cherry wood. What I got after 40 minutes was perfectly cooked and smoked brats with a hint of cherry flavor in them. They were amazing.[p]Is there anything the egg CAN'T do?
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    that sounds great! . .. although at some point in your cook, you may still want them to spend some time in the beer bath. . brats seem to really beneifit from a little time in the beer hot tub...[p]'is there anything the egg can't do?". . .well, you'd better not let your wife hear that one. .. heeeeee[p]btw. . .got to see the bundys on tv yesterday morning. . it was the one where kelly gets the job as the weather girl on tv. . .pretty funny episode. .. LOL