Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need tips on smoking pork chops!

Options
Big Murth
Big Murth Posts: 350
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Wifey-poo is coming back Monday from the East Coast...and it's her birthday. Want to cook/smoke some big fat pork chops and have a couple of good recipes, and all call for multiple hour indirect at 200-225. I am scared s&#^less of cooking those monsters that long, and ending up with a nice pair of leather shoes!...instead of some Egg-tender pork on the bone. Any ideas or suggestions??
Thanking you in advance,
Big Murth

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Big Murth,
    Depending on thickness, a couple hours will produce thick and juicy chops. Spray with apple juice a couple times, I always use apple wood for smoke flavor. Use your recipe and you'll be fine. I'm trying an apricot mixture this weekend for chops and chicken drumsticks.[p]CWM

• Big Murth,
    I cooked some last weekend that were wonderful--Trex them just like a steak. There were boneless and 8oz each. Seasoned with mustard, salt and some dizzy pig rub, then some olive oil. Very juicy and tender!

• Big Murth
    Options
    espnga,
    Hey, thanks for your response....I just bought 3 hand-cut beauties 2" thick each....and going to cook these low and slow for the first time...so am not doing the "perfect steak" grill method---wish me luck and/or send me some of your secret methodology. Gracias amigo,
    Big Murth