Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

harbor freight propane torch

Options
mxdadx2
mxdadx2 Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thanks everyone for the excellent info I find here. not much of a poster but I do read almost daily. just purchased one of those monster flame throwers with the turbo button from harbor freight. kind of leary to use the first time. for myself and my larges safety someone give me the 1.2.3. on this please. thanks.

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    light the torch, back the adjuster knob down til you have enough flame and light the egg, you dont need to pull the trigger. i stand back as far as possible and feather the trigger flame through the grate onto the lump. no need to stick the burner down into the egg close to the lump, infact that big flame will eat enough oxygen that it will snuff itself out
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • mxdadx2
    mxdadx2 Posts: 37
    Options
    light in center of lump or do the 3 area as per wax cubes.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    you can waver it in a circle or just rest it on the lip of the egg and aim towards the center, helps to stand further back if its resting on the lip. wear a hat and some glasses because you will pull the trigger from time to time and then theres some sparking
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    I usually start in the center, but then wander throughout as much lump as I can, till most of the lump at least turns red while the flame is on it. Takes about 1-2 minutes. Never used the trigger yet, just the round knob. You'll get the hang of it after a few tries. Nothing special..... just lighting a fire.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I don't have one but Ottawa Egger burnt his privet hedge row down by accident with his!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.