Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

use of the EggSettera-Plate Setter

Options
Gene
Gene Posts: 99
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to use the EggSettera for indirect cooking of a Boston- Butt and I need help? I just bought my EggSettera and this is the first time I've attempted to use it and I'm a little confused on how to properly use it -- I need some expert advice and who better to ask than fellow egg users

Comments

• Pakak
    Pakak Posts: 523
    Options
    Gene,[p]I place my plate setter legs up on the rim of the firering. Then, I put a drip pan on the plate setter. Finally, I put the grid on top of the legs of the plate setter. Put your butt on the grid.

• tn slagamater
    Options
    Gene, review Elder Wards great(very entertaining) discussion for cooking pulled pork if you have not already done so. Fill your firebox with lump, load it up well into the firering. Put big chunks of lump in the bottom of the firebox, smaller pieces toward the top. After you start the fire, put the plate setter in, feet up. Put a drip pan on the setter, then a grill on the upturned feet. The pork butt can sit on the grill or in a v-rack.Most Eggers slather the butt with mustard and good rubs.Keep the dome temp around 230 to 240. YUMMM ! You make me hungry....