Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump I've never used...!

Options
SuperDave
SuperDave Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend and former High School classmate of mine that moved to Edmonton, Alberta CA is back in the states and came to my town with a bag of the prized Maple Leaf Hardwood lump! I'm so excited to try it, I've heard that it is the King of lump charcoal. Supposed to have a "heavenly" smell and flavor that it adds to the meats... I can't wait to try it. My fear is I'll love it and want more! I've been waiting for this since last fall ! I wish they would start selling it in the states again... does anyone know why the stopped?

The folks at Wicked Good (laralee distributors) used to import and sell it, supposedly they can't sell it anymore. Boo!

If you have a Maple Leaf Hardwood lump story I'd love to hear it!

Cheers!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I met the Wicked Good folks when I called them to find out where I could buy Maple Leaf some years ago.

And, I agree, it has a distinct flavor and burns very hot. If I recall WG said the Maple Leaf folks said they couldn't produce enough for their own distributors much less the states as well. So, like good Canuk's they cut us off.

So, enjoy the Maple Leaf while you can.