Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

45 day ribeyes

Options
Firetruck
Firetruck Posts: 2,679
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday I pulled the ribeyes out of the fridge after the long 45 day stay. I did not weigh it so I don't know how much it lost but it was consideribly smaller.

I think the flavor is so much better than when I did the 28 day steaks. I love the flavor of the "rind" but not so much the texture.

I mixed some EVOO with kosher salt and finely chopped garlic. Heated it to get some of the flavor distributed through the oil. I put the steaks in a zip lock bag and poured the mixture in and hot tubbed for about an hour while I egged the potatoes and made the salad. When the potatoes were done I opened the egg and got the fire hot and threw on the steaks. I probably grilled them for about 3 minutes per side at about 400 degrees and got them to 125 internal. For me they were perfectly done.

Here they are out of the fridge
IMG_3014.jpg

and sliced up
IMG_3018.jpg

plated
IMG_3019.jpg

IMG_3020.jpg

finally some grilled pineapple with dp pineapple head on the outside then sliced and sprinkled with brown sugar and cinnemmon
IMG_3023.jpg

Looking forward to having the other 4 steaks soon.

Comments