Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yesterday's Cook...Butt, Spare Ribs, COTC n' more

Options
Fornia
Fornia Posts: 451
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Threw a 5.5# Butt on Friday night...250 and pulled it a bit earlier than 195 (time crunch), foiled/cooler. It was awesome. Found a recipe for Big Daddy's Carolina Style BBQ Sauce. Got rave reviews for the pork and the sauce! Then wanted to try Spare Ribs for the 1st time and pretty much did 250-270 for 7 hours. Foiled/Sauced for the last 2. Our friend Tamara (I've had my egg 1 month, and sold her on buying one for her Dad last weekend; based solely on photos of my cooks), who is a chef, said they were the best ribs she's ever had...including Baby Back. I was amazed! Gave all credit to Byron's Butt Rub, Simply Juice Apple juice, and Blues Hog! :) They were killer....and honestly, I have most of the 3 racks left for today! Made too much food(again)!

Local sweet corn is in here in PA, albeit the first pick is small. The mennonites I buy from said it's 'still sweet' but the bigger will be sweeter. Well, soaked, indirect 350...it was GREAT! Cant wait for the bigger 'sweeter' cobs!

Tried my own beans for the first time...and had to put on the old charcoal grill. Another hit!

Chef Tamara also brought us Zucchini Fritters(I'm not a big Zuke guy, these were excellent) and Freshly Pickled cucumber wedges...which will need a week or so to get good. They look so cool in the jar!

The Egg ran for over 28 hours non-stop. Today, I'll at least wait till after the soccer match to do the chesse/pepperoni stuffed Jalapenos that I prepped yesterday. :) This Egg just continues to impress...wife gave me the 'ok' to buy a table now. Any suggestions?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!

IMG_1238.jpg
IMG_1242.jpg
IMG_1243.jpg
IMG_1249.jpg
IMG_1250.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1253.jpg

Comments

• fire egger
    fire egger Posts: 1,124
    Options
    Good lookin eats there Fornia. Looks like your getting the hang of egging pretty quick.
    have fun!!
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Eggcelent looking food! Nothing better than fresh corn and pickeled cukes. They just scream summer.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Busy, busy and it all looks fabulous!! Geeze call me and I'll come and help. ;):)
    Can you tell me the recipe for the cool floating cucs?
    Keep up the good cooking.
    Also, check out the table forum, lot's of good stuff there. Oh, and Naked Whiz's site.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE