Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

ABT's/2 level grids?

BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
edited 6:29AM in EggHead Forum
I usually do my ABT's on a raised grid. Plate setter with foil,main grid then raised grid.

Well I'm needing to do more then will fit on the raise grid alone. I have lots of options but was wondering if anyone has done plate setter with foil, main grid with ABT's and then raised grid with more ABT's???

Or it that too much bacon fat dripping on the lower level ABT's and need a second drip pan between the two??? I know what my other options are but this would be the easiest.

Thanks,

Bordello

Looking at 112 degree's this afternoon. WooHoo

Comments

• RRPRRP Posts: 18,950
    I've done 2 layers before just the way you are thinking - it just takes longer, but I think they are actually better indirect.
    L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • 407BGE407BGE Posts: 187
    I have done 4 levels and it works just fine.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,973
    Bob,

Bacon fat is your friend! :laugh:

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Capt FrankCapt Frank Posts: 2,578
    There is no such thing as "to much bacon fat" :laugh: :P :laugh:

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • BordelloBordello Posts: 5,926
    Any problem with the grease from the uper level remaining on any at the lower level???

Thanks for the input,
    Bordello
    :woohoo: Good point, I could take that a step further but then I would be in trouble again. :whistle: :silly: :lol:

Cheers,
    Bordello
    Thanks, this is sounding good, I'll go for it.

Regards,
    Bordello
    Yep,
    I still save some of the leftover bacon grease in a small can in the fridge like my mom used to. Always good to have on hand for cooking different things.

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    We have a quart jar of this "magic" in our fridge. :laugh:
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
  • ibandaibanda Posts: 484
    I cooked 5 dozen ABTs for a party today on two grid levels and it worked out great.
    "Bacon tastes gooood, pork chops taste gooood." - Vincent Vega, Pulp Fiction
    Small and Large BGE in Oklahoma City.