Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Playing with Fire

Options
'Q Bruddah
'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes what you think is no big deal turns out to be a big deal. Turns out that all the little pieces of lump I thought would not matter--did. I have been playing with this fire for about four hours. Wiggling, opening it all up to infuse more air, damping it down, watching waiting and more wiggling. In my earlier days I would have looked at it as fighting with the fire. But its Fathers Day and I have to twiddle with my egg. What could be better than teamwork, me and my egg. Its all perspective. Its all good. Them butts are starting to smell real goooood.

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Makes me smile!! Happy fathers day Steve!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    Good Morning to you. Molly, I have a grin from ear to ear. This egg thing has added so much to my life, 'specially the friends here on the forum. But the act of egging low and slow is a joy and pleasure no one could have explained. 'The smell of smoke in the morning' seems I add that phrase somewhere in every slow cook I do, again not something you can understand until you have experienced it. Have a great day with family and friends. Come 'on Tuesday!!
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    Nice!.....I didn't get to play much, just sturred, jammed 3 huge Wicked Good chunks and 5 pieces of fresh Halerson Apple wood. Thing just hunkered in at 250, like he knew it was rib day. B)

Wish everyone could smell this smoke. :)

Spare ribs and the Open tonight. :woohoo: Gettin fat and be'in happy