Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

???Wings/No flipping????

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering if anyone has done wings without flipping them.

When doing ABT's boat style I don't flip and they are fine.

Wings get sauced at the end so if one side is little lighter in color it would not be noticed. I do rotate my grid about every 20 min.

Happy Father's day to all you Dad out there.

Cheers,
Bordello

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I'm not a flipper - I egg my wings indirect at 400 for about 45 and find the juices run clear at that point. Cheers Bob!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bordello
    Options
    Thanks Ron,
    Were pretty darn close, mine are indirect anywhere between 350 and close to 400. I kind of go wherever the Eggs settles in, 350 just takes a little longer.

Now I have been flipping up till now so will try without. Just wondering, if you should sauce yours do your flip or remove and put them is a bowl of sauce.

I ususally take my Carnivore Chipolte sauce, add more red chilie flakes and whatever. LOL But I brush,flip and brush again.

Thanks,
    Bordello
  • Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Options
    I never flip, cook pretty much like you, indirect, 350-375, skin side up, high in the dome,45-60 min. Skin comes out nice and crispy. I don't sauce at all, serve it on the side for whoever wants it.
    Dang, I'm making myself hungry, think I'll run to the grocery! :P

Capt Frank
    Homosassa, FL
  • Bordello
    Options
    Capt. Frank,
    Glad to see some of us are close to being on the same page.

Not flipping when you have 25+ wings on is a great help plus if using the raised grid I often would drop the ones on the outside edge. :angry:

Hope ya get some wings to Egg. :laugh:

Cheers,
    Bordello
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    I'm such a fan of Georgia Red Wings that is the only wing recipe I make anymore. Seeing that I marinate them for 72 hours then they need no additional sauce as the meat is well permeated though I do hit them with a light dusting of DP Swamp Venom before the cook.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Bordello
    Options
    72 hrs. now that's something I had not thought of and would save some more work. Will give it a try on the next batch.

Thanks for the additional info,
    Bordello