Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg Was Lonely

Options
Chef Charles
Chef Charles Posts: 871
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the inevitable happened. My large egg just became too lonely and I had to get a mate. Went down to my dealer today and picked myself up another large along with a table. It all should be delivered next Saturday. I dealt directly with the owner and he tossed in one of these:

LooftLighter.jpg

I should mention that the new Egg is going to be called the Dr Bob Memorial Q in honour of my Dad who passed away a little over two weeks ago. He lived a long and eventful life including fighting in WW2. We made sure to give him a military salute.

MilitarySaluteforDad.jpg

Dad was a long time resident of Leamington Ontario and two days after he passed away, a tornado ripped through town causing quite a lot of damage.

TornadoPicture.jpg

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

Comments

• phar71
    phar71 Posts: 44
    Options
    My condolences on the loss of your father.

I am sure you will cook up something great in his memory soon!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow that is great news about the new egg.

sorry to hear about your dad!!!

we had some nasty storms come through here last week. luckily we were spared.. 15,000 people went without power for a few days and here in the south it is a bad thing not having air conditioner.....

have you thought about your first cook on your new egg? i would proabably make whatever your dad liked the best ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Chef Charles
    Options
    I haven't thought about what will be the christening meal. I really should think about exactly what Dad would have wanted. He did love his road of beef ;) . It will be really nice having two as you can really broaden what you can prepare at any given time -- different temps, direct and indirect. I can hardly wait :woohoo: :lol:

Tom

Tom

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• CVDSmokeShack
    Options
    Tom;
    Sorry about your dad; enjoy your new egg... I have two as well and it was the best cooking move I have made.

Enjoy;
    Chris
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Tom, I'm sorry for the loss of your dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Nice way to honor him.
    Congrats on the new large. I know you will make some killer grub on it!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Thanks Molly

My Dad made to 87 and he wanted to go so that he could rejoin my Mom who passed away in January. We had the two of them up to visit us last Thanksgiving (October here in Canada) and we egged up some sumptuous feasts. They were both fond of the egg and my Dad got a real kick out of watching me get it going with the weedburner.

Tom

Tom

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    That's great! My dad will be 83 this year. I really soak him up when we chat and see each other.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
    Tom, I'm Sorry to hear about the passing of your parents and it's good to hear they enjoyed food off your egg.

I also have two large eggs and and one adjustable rig. So having all this makes egging very easy. If I clean out one egg I put the used lump in the other...

Be sure to change your profile now. Tim

Also I like BENTE's idea of cooking something your father would have liked. :)
  • Chef Charles
    Options
    Thanks Tim

Thanks for the reminder about the profile. I am leaning to cooking up a roast of beef for the egg's maiden voyage -- Dad loved his roast of beef.

Tom

Tom