Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Year of the Pig at the Indiana State Fair

emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Certainly Egg ideas I love the breaded bacon and gravy for dipping. What an idea.

ON the menu:
Country Fried Bacon
Vendor: Barto's Catering & Concessions.
Description: Thick-cut bacon with a crispy, country-fried breading -- either regular or spicy -- served with a side of country gravy for dipping.
Garbage Burger
Vendor: Indiana Pork
Description: Ground pork burger topped with pulled pork seasoned with Shoup's Country Foods barbecue sauce.
Pig in a Pancake
Vendor: R.E. Smith Concessions
Description: Sausage link on a stick dipped in batter, deep fried, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with warm syrup.
Delia's Root Beer Ribs
Vendor: Delia's Ribs & Catering
Description: Hickory-smoked baby back ribs marinated in root beer and seasoned with Delia's barbecue sauce.

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Have you had the ribs marinated in root beer?

Mike
  • emilluca
    No I usually use Apple juice but certainly will try Root Beer...
    E
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Although I live 600 miles away, I've managed to get my kids to the Indiana State Fair every 2-3 years. A couple of years ago we enjoyed that year's deep fried specialty - deep fried sauerkraut - it was surprisingly good. Any idea what the deep fried food is going to be? I think it was deep fried pizza last year. :pinch:
  • emilluca
    Still in the voting stage on the theme food. Indystar.com to vote. That is where I got this. I try to go every year with my now 90 year old father-in-law. Thats a trip pushing him around and trying to keep him from burning up in the sun. Every year they have a veterans day and free admission for all in the car so I let him pay, he is a disabled vet from WWII.
    E.