Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woosday greetings

Options
Petunia
Petunia Posts: 110
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last nights cook was great. First off sliced potatoes and onions with butter, kosher salt, Telicherry pepper, garlic and dill seasoning, and fresh rosemary from the garden. Wrapped in foil and put on the Egg. While they were cooking I made pig candy. Heavenly [not to mention a great way to cook bacon--no curls, spatters, or burnt spots]. When they came off it was time for the flat iron steaks. Being new to them and knowing how hubbie sometimes has trouble chewing steak I marinated them overnight with a blend of basalmic vinegar, EVOO, honey, onion powder, pepper, and Spice House Ukrainian seasoning. Topped them with the Spice House Milwaukee Avenue Steak seasoning then on to the grill. Sear wasn't important so left indirect set up although did bump the heat up a little. Cooked to 145. Didn't burn the potatoes this time and steak was really tender.
No pictures of the cook so I will give you this sunset from September 2006. Never seen one like it before.
CIMG0087.JPG
Or how about this one from January of 2008.
CIMG0881.JPG
Finally this portrait done by Mother Nature on the wall of the screen room at our old place in December of 2005.
Picture_0557.jpg

Comments