Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Benefits of a BGE

Options
field hand
field hand Posts: 420
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These thoughts have been expressed by other forum members in the past, but just had to say them for myself.
My wife and I were enjoying dinner tonight from the XL and begin talking about the year we've had the BGE. Specifically, the parting thoughts from the dealer when we took delivery of the XL that the BGE would change our lives re the way we eat and the quality of food we eat. This has turned out to be true. We both believe we are eating better foods than in the past and enjoying them more. We are eating home more because the BGE produces tastier food and who can complain about setting on the deck smelling the smoke over a couple beverages. We bought a small this week to supplement the XL and for travel.
The information and help on this forum has been great.
Barry
Marthasville, MO

Comments

• thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    That is awesome. It changed my life too, I have lost over 40 pounds since obtaining my egg in February 2008 and I eat well, eat fat but eat sensibly during the week so I CAN let loose a little with the egg on Friday Saturday and Sunday...it's all about moderation, a little exercise and EGGIN'
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • TheDirtyBurger
    Options
    Its funny you posted this, I was thinking about that today. I bought my egg to use primarily as a smoker and I realized today when I was taking a brisket and some butts off that I use it as a smoker less than half the time. Then I realized how much stuff I cook and new things I have done, all because of the egg and this forum.
    gotta love it bross
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Barry, Who told you my story?
    So true amd all I can say is BGE :)
    Jupiter Jim

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• field hand
    field hand Posts: 420
    Options
    Thanks for the replys. The BGE has made a difference.

Barry
    Marthasville, MO
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
  • 'Q Bruddah
    'Q Bruddah Posts: 739
    Options
    fieldhand, I remembered reading this post when it was new and just searched for it again to add that as I get ready for my day on Monday I remember my brisket cook on Friday and how I really enjoy low and slow. I downloaded something called Meathead's Cookinglog (google it)and I can't wait to use it with my next low and slow. I want to do ribs but might do pulled pork instead. This morning I am reading the forum and realizing how I have been impacted by this world's best smoker/grill. I am amazed how the quality of food served at my house has changed for the better and I am only a couple of months into it. It is easy to wax poetic about the food and good times provided by the egg. Thanks for the post.