Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Troop Cooks are ending..

Options
Celtic Wolf
Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well at least till I can find another way of funding them and getting the cooking done.

My funds are about to end with the next cook. I am $1,400 short of doing the one on it's heels and if I do the next one will be short for the one after.

I can't keep doing these by myself and my personal resources have dried up. It appears our economy has taken it's toll on everything.

I apologize if my begging has offended anyone, and I assure you it has ended. I may post when they are if you want to help, but the begging has ended.

I want to thank those that have supported me in the past. American Spirit BBQ is not going away. We are just falling back and regrouping.

Thank you all..

Comments

• deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    Options
    i've been here a while, but didn't know any of your back story. very moving.

peace
    j
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
  • misfit
    misfit Posts: 358
    Options
    Celtic Wolf, I do admire and respect all that you do for our troops. If I had any spare money, it would be headed your way, hell, it's hard enough feeding myself. So my donation, for what it's worth, is that everyone entering SOCOM for the next few days will get a copy of your website homepage and a "gentle reminder" to donate. Maybe I can get this to CENTCOM also. I know people that know people... Wish that I was closer, to be of help with cooks.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Hey Pete,I'de like to help you out more financially,but I'm just broke right now :pinch: (new baby on the way doesn't help either).I really hope that some eggheads can jump in and save the day.I know that there are plenty of people here that can easily spare 20 bucks or so,but I'm livin week to week and just can't help you right now :blush: Good luck man ;)