Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WAY TO GO BLACKHAWKS!!!

mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
been a long time since mikita and hull in 61, but the 'hawks earned a great stanley cup championship this year!!! . . ..it was a great series....

Comments

• Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Not a Hawks fan, but I was rooting for them over Philly. Congrats Hawks! 50 yrs is a long time.
  • smoker62
    smoker62 Posts: 80
    Yep , great ending to a great series.
  • Fornia
    Fornia Posts: 451
    Congrats from PA on your win...it was a great series.

The Flyers overachieved and gave us a great run, but in the end the Hawks wanted it more. Enjoy it....Chicago needed a winner and they've now got it.

Now...all the heat in Philly falls directly on the underachieving, slumping Phillies.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Max,, I'm not a big hockey fan but grew up with the Flyers,,, Hats off to Chicago

100_2606.jpg
  • wow pat, great t-shirt!! ...

i was invested in either team, although i have a lot of flyers fans who were going to make my life miserable if the flyers had won! LOL . ..but i love the game, so i was happy to see a great series, and it was that!!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I know one short cannukian that can't wait to put a shirt on you :whistle: This series did get my interest back a bit as I did play until I was 16. Ever seen a goalie that was shorter than the net? :laugh: :laugh:
  • you obviously don't pay any attention. ..
  • Bob-O
    Bob-O Posts: 211
    I will not take the coward way out and change my name. But I am curios as why you would post your post here about hockey when there is a off topic area to post?????
  • frankly, i never use that OT site. . .if folks can't figure from this header that my post was totally OT, and didn't want to waste their time reading unless they were part of the group of BGE folks that are hockey fans (and there is a contingent of friends here that are), then they shouldn't have 'clicked' on the thread at all.. ..i can promise you that i never get offended by OT posts here, and if i see a header that is obviously OT and it doesn't interest me, i just don't bother reading it. ...its not that big of a deal. ..and i don't see why it is to any one else. ...
  • Rhino
    Rhino Posts: 39
    I for one love this topic on here, pretty obvious it was OT! Wish I could be back in Chicago for the celebration! HAWKS!!!!!!!
  • Bob-O
    So the off-topic site should be removed. Thanks for sharing that rules don't apply to all of us.
  • i don't know about any "rules". . .the OT site was set up at the request of a single egger. . .some use it, some don't. . .some like it, some don't... .i don't particularly like it cause i've found that a lot of folks never even bother to look over there on a regular basis. . .

like i said, if you see a post here that is obviously OT and it doesn't interest you, simply don't click on it. ..that way you haven't wasted any of your time. ... i certainly don't waste any of my time....i take no offense either way, either for the space the OT posts take here, or for the time taken, because i waste none of my time reading posts that don't interest me. ...it amazes me that people will complain about OT posts wasting their time, typing away about it. . .why do they waste their time typing about them in the first place?? .. ..thats what i don't get???
  • Bob-O
    I think it wastes my time because I come here to learn about egging. It is people like you that think they they are special and can avoid the rules. If WPM had thought it was ok to post your kind of post on this forum, he would not have created the Off Topic forum. I enjoy on topic posts, but you are not special!!!!!!
  • ResQue
    ResQue Posts: 1,045
    I am happy for the blackhawks. Of course I would have happy for anyone that beat the flyers!
  • bob, no offense, but i never consider my 'special'. ...over time, i offer up more than my share of unique cooks, techniques, advice, etc. . .i share, i listen, i have a lot of fun here. ..i'm also respectful. . . .but i also consider this place a 'commune' where i converse with my friends, and by that i mean anyone who shares a common interest, not just in egging, but in food, and in other life experiences, be it in a shared experience or common interest, such as hockey. ...you may not agree with that point of view, that is your choice. . .there has been a lot of discussion here ever since the OT forum was created as to whether people wanted to use it or not, and if so, exactly what posts shoule be over there vice here. ...yes, this is certainly an OT post, but I chose to put it here, not because i'm 'special', just because its where i knew i'd reach folks with a common interest. ...i would expect those that didn't share that interest to simply ignore it. .. .

if WPM decides to zap this thread, then so be it, he can do as he sees fit. . .one thing i never do is flame anyone, use foul language, etc. ..i'm always polite, i never demean anyone. . . .

well, i'm going to bed now. . .try and be happy, you can do it :cheer: ...
  • btw, since you appear to be fairly new, and you may think i haven't done much for the egging community in the way of cooking. ...here are a couple of links that may have made your time looking at this OT post worth your while. ...and that took me a considerable amount of time to put together to benefit my fellow eggheads. ...

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxprimerib.htm

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/madmaxturkey.htm

hopefully you will find both of these useful and enjoyable and most important, tasty. . .

enjoy
  • Woodbutcher
    Woodbutcher Posts: 1,017
    Max- you handled that well. To me and a lot of others you are special. I've learned an awful lot from you and use your recipes frequently. Maybe after "Bob" is here for a while he will use some too.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    All of this seems to be "Much Ado About Nothing" situation.

I thought is was a simple post and I know for a FACT that Marián Hossa is soooo happy to finally win and he loves good BBQ!!

235px-Hossa-Hawks.jpg

Woo

Oh, BTW, I can testify that Max posts BBQ/Egg related stuff! :woohoo:
  • this won't be very popular, but i hate to say it, max is sorta special. spring chicken, CWM, wessB, maniegg.... and too many to mention.

yep. we're supposed to be utterly egalitarian, and every single person here is supposed to be equal, but this is just like congress, highschool, preschool, and the real world. some people are more involved and more interesting than others. it's an embarrassing fact, and petty to admit.

but someone who has contributed to the forum for ten years, answered countless questions about damned turkeys (including taking calls over the holiday DURING the holiday), prime rib, and just about everything else, IS going to get a little leeway. that's just how it is.

easiest way to counter this is to not simply come here to take, but to post your own cooks, answer newbies questions, etc. no, a certain number of posts isn't required, and no one is truly 'chosen' and given privileges. what happens is that in reality, those of us who could give a rat's ass about the stanley cup simply read the subject line, smile, and say "that frikkin max and his damn hockey". we don't however give him grief about it, or chastise him. max has enough problems as it is. why make his life any more miserable than it already is? (kidding, max. sorta ;) )

when all else fails, i would suggest simply ignoring those posts that say "OT" in the title. not sure how you missed that, or how max somehow magically compelled you to open and read his post.

you stated that you come here to learn about egging. have you ever contributed anything yourself? it's not required. and post count doesn't matter either. but it is indicative of something. if not, please try to forgive an old man (max is 98, and house-bound in a nursing home) for making one post in ten about hockey.

i took a look at your "recent posts". most seem to be bitching about other people. those ought to really be in the "forum feedback" forum. this one, where you are blathering on about college football, is no different than max's post/thread here. try to abide by the rules you want others to follow

http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=572420&catid=1
  • Chef Charles
    Chef Charles Posts: 871
    Max,

My sentiments exactly. The Hawks are deserved champions and it is always nice to see a long drought come to an end. Hats off to the Flyers too, they had a great playoff run. Coming back from 3-0 down against the bruins and giving the Hawks a real good run for their money.

Tom

Tom

Charles is a mischevious feline who always has something cooking

Twin lbge's .. grew up in the sun parlor of Canada but now egging in the nation's capital

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Clearly the best team won the cup, and that's the way it should be. In the end, the Flyers overachieved, pushed themselves further than anyone could've imagined, and exhibited great sportsmanship every step of the way. I'm sure that is little consolation to the guys in the locker room that played hard through four series, but that's the way it is. I'll admit I've been a fair-weather fan for over 10 years now, following so many disappointments since their last win in the mid-70's, I just couldn't take it anymore. This post-season has gotten me interested in hockey again. Maybe next season I'll watch a game or two before April :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • jemrx
    jemrx Posts: 81
    I was at the game last night at it stung to see the flyers lose in ot. They had a remarkable run for the cup coming from 7th seed in their division. Hats off to the blackhawks for winning a great series they deserve the cup
  • Pharmer
    Pharmer Posts: 37
    Look, I'm new on the forum so I'll contribute my $0.02 at the risk of offending others.

IMHO, this is an OT post ... but a fun one. For everyone complaining that it was not in the OT forum, isn't that what mod's are for? Let them make the appropriate decision.

To play the devil's advocate, how is this any more or less useful than one of us posting "Last Night's Cook" consisting solely of pictures of the burger we cooked last night using a recipe and technique that are already available on the site?

Those who want to can give kudos to the cook as encouragement but what it is really teaching anyone? Should this type of post be disallowed or flamed?

IMHO, if you aren't interested in a topic, don't look at it. When a post gets few/no views or responses, perhaps the author will re-think his/her posts (but will still continue to contribute). If a post is unecessarily flamed, it just makes people want to leave the forum.

By the way, I ate a burger while watching the game last night. Perhaps that brings things back on topic? :laugh:
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I'm with you. -RP
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Hey Bob, Max has done probably more to educate Eggers on cooking than anyone here. He not only shares many great cooks but also gives up holidays by giving out his cell number so people can call with questions. We consider this forum as family and if I want to share something, I don't use the OT forum either. -RP
  • What is this Stanley Cup you speak of?

Mike,
    Buffalo, NY
  • crghc98
    crghc98 Posts: 1,006
    Good win....still not sure I can stomach hockey after the B's meltdown....
  • Boilermaker Ben
    Boilermaker Ben Posts: 1,956
    Max,
    What a terrific ending to a ridiculously fun season. I can't wait for next season to start. While winning is what ultimately lures fans, big kudos go out to Rocky Wirtz for undoing the damage his father did to the team's relationship with their fans in such a stunningly short amount of time. Huge win for the franchise. (In retrospect, that's an obvious statement, isn't it?)

Kaner is such a joy to watch, when he has the puck. That last goal was so deserved.

Now that the season is over, and the Cubs are so terrible, maybe I'll have time to do more cooking between now and when the Bears season starts. Oh, and maybe you'll have time to actually teach us a thing or two about egging, instead of just posting these awful, off topic posts.

Here's to next season!

BB
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Max,

I suppose you know who takes over the "longest drought" award are just too kind to say.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NC-CDN
    NC-CDN Posts: 703
    OT or not. WHo cares. This is the Stanley Cup! It comes around once a year. It's not big deal. Congrats to Chicago. What a team they have. They are going to contend for a few years. Glad an Original 6 team could do it. Unfortunately now my childhood team (Toronto) is on the largest slide in the NHL. It was Chicago. Oh well.

http://watch.tsn.ca/nhl/clip312348#clip312348

The parade was crazy. Look at all the people. Insane. Makes me want to do some BBQ.

Oh and I do agree that long time contributers to a site matter more than someone, like myself, who finally joined and is just getting my foot in the door. As long as people aren't idiots to the new folks, this is a great place. It's amazing how much posting goes on in here. Nice and active forum.