Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tips for Jerky

Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,230
edited 6:57AM in EggHead Forum
I've marinated the meat overnight and wondered if I should marinate it longer and also since I don't have a coffee can can I just use a smaller amount of lump? Also once I light the fire should I keep the vents pretty much closed the whole time to keep temp down. Thanks, Mark

Comments

• EGGRPhEGGRPh Posts: 180
    Hey Marc,
    Did you try the www.nakedwhiz.com website. Very informative.

Stef in Brunswick,Ohio
  • Smokin' TSmokin' T Posts: 259
    I use a 6 inch diameter vent pipe, cut to length to hold the lump and smoking wood. Vent pipe was bought at Home Depot!!

Tom
    Dunedin, Fl.
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,230
    What about the length of time to marinate? Should I let it go over night again?
  • Mark0525Mark0525 Posts: 1,230
    what size of holes do you drill and how many? How about the length of pipe? 6 or 8 inches maybe?
  • Leave the bottom vent completely open and the top vent just barely cracked. This allows oxygen to get to a barely smoldering fire.