Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

"Last minute" London Broil -- pretty good!

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
An hour before suppertime -- nothing in the house -- run out to the market and grab a two pound slab of very lean London Broil -- maybe an inch and three-quarters thick. Trim off the fat on the side [not much fat to start with].[p]Slathered the meat with some yellow mustard and season salt -- got the Egg up to 500. A few oak chunks.[p]Slapped that slab onto the grill -- 5 minutes per side at 500. Shut down the vents and let it dwell for 7 more minutes. [This is a variation on the 3/3/4 method for steak -- this thing sort of looked like a big steak, right?][p]Took it off, cut it into big hunks, threw it onto folks' plates, and let them do their own slicing, right at the table. I figure if you cut it up into slices before serving, it cools off too much. I know that slicing it thinly across the grain is the best way, but too lazy.[p]Very tasty, lean, smokey, juicy. Not real tender, but not tough, either. Good chewing, if you know what I mean.[p]There is probably a better way to do London Broil, but this sure was easy and fast and good.