Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

"Last minute" London Broil -- pretty good!

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
An hour before suppertime -- nothing in the house -- run out to the market and grab a two pound slab of very lean London Broil -- maybe an inch and three-quarters thick. Trim off the fat on the side [not much fat to start with].[p]Slathered the meat with some yellow mustard and season salt -- got the Egg up to 500. A few oak chunks.[p]Slapped that slab onto the grill -- 5 minutes per side at 500. Shut down the vents and let it dwell for 7 more minutes. [This is a variation on the 3/3/4 method for steak -- this thing sort of looked like a big steak, right?][p]Took it off, cut it into big hunks, threw it onto folks' plates, and let them do their own slicing, right at the table. I figure if you cut it up into slices before serving, it cools off too much. I know that slicing it thinly across the grain is the best way, but too lazy.[p]Very tasty, lean, smokey, juicy. Not real tender, but not tough, either. Good chewing, if you know what I mean.[p]There is probably a better way to do London Broil, but this sure was easy and fast and good.