Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

"Last minute" London Broil -- pretty good!

Prof DanProf Dan Posts: 339
edited 1:17PM in EggHead Forum
An hour before suppertime -- nothing in the house -- run out to the market and grab a two pound slab of very lean London Broil -- maybe an inch and three-quarters thick. Trim off the fat on the side [not much fat to start with].[p]Slathered the meat with some yellow mustard and season salt -- got the Egg up to 500. A few oak chunks.[p]Slapped that slab onto the grill -- 5 minutes per side at 500. Shut down the vents and let it dwell for 7 more minutes. [This is a variation on the 3/3/4 method for steak -- this thing sort of looked like a big steak, right?][p]Took it off, cut it into big hunks, threw it onto folks' plates, and let them do their own slicing, right at the table. I figure if you cut it up into slices before serving, it cools off too much. I know that slicing it thinly across the grain is the best way, but too lazy.[p]Very tasty, lean, smokey, juicy. Not real tender, but not tough, either. Good chewing, if you know what I mean.[p]There is probably a better way to do London Broil, but this sure was easy and fast and good.